Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Bonnyville Pro Rodeo

This past weekend I had an amazing opportunity to meet some wonderful people. Friday night, I headed north for the 25th annual Bonnyville Pro Rodeo! The Valee family welcomed me into their beautiful home for the weekend, and were amazing hosts! They also supplied me with a horse for the weekend, and I am so grateful to them! The BPRCA committee also welcomed me with open arms, and it was an absolute pleasure getting to know them all! Thank you all so much for being so hospitable.



Saturday I attended the Pancake breakfast, the parade, the heavy horse pull, and the evening Rodeo performance. The day was jam packed with fun and it was nice to get to know the BPRCA Royalty. The 2011 BPRCA Queen Ashley Hayward, 2011 Princess Kylie Getzinger, and the newly crowned 2012 BPRCA Queen Amanda Griemann. We had shared many laughs, and had a blast. I was introduced in the grand entry, and I also helped with chase out. There was a great crowd, and before I knew it, I was surrounded by kids for autographs. Meeting kids is one of my favorite Queen duties. How can you not love how cute they are, and the excitement on their faces. It was a great day and I was so glad there was still one more to go.

Bonnyville Parade

BPRCA President, Dean receiving some thank-you Flowers on behalf of the APRRA!

We started our Sunday with Cowboy Church, and finished the day off with the final performance of the Rodeo. I can truly say that the BPRCA throws one of the best Cowboy Church services I have ever seen! The music, the cowboy poetry, the stories, and the food was all amazing. I was introduced in the grande entry again and helped out with chase out. I was honored to be apart of the 2012 BPRCA Queen Coronation, and presented Amanda with a bouqet of roses. Tracy and Breanna on the Queen committee were so great to me, and really made me feel welcome. I would also like to thank Brett Gardiner and Dennis Halstead for the great job they did this weekend, it was awesome to work with you!


Cowboy Church

My presentation ride on Rona, during Sunday's performance


The 2012 BPRCA Queen Coronation!

Thank you again to the BPRCA for the fantastic weekend! A special thanks to Carolynne Vallee for making this happen! You are such beautiful lady inside and out!

Carolynne and I after the Parade

See you down the trail!
MRA 2011
Gillian Shields


No comments:

Post a Comment