Saturday, June 30, 2012

Miss Rodeo Airdrie 2011 Farewell


It’s hard to believe that a year has gone by since I was crowned Miss Rodeo Airdrie 2011. I have had one of the most amazing experiences that I will cherish throughout my lifetime. I have come across many individuals who have shared laughs, tears, and smiles along my journey, that have all shaped me into a more confident and well rounded individual. I have experienced many moments and opportunities that most will never get to. 
During our year, Rebecca and I were able to make over 150 appearances, traveling to many rodeos, galas, conventions, and even the Denver Stock Show and Rodeo, thanks to Jim Nevada at Roper Stetson. We have met and worked alongside many volunteers throughout this community, and I can truly say it has been a pleasure getting to know you all! 
I would like to take this opportunity to thank-everyone who made this year possible. Thank you to all of the Miss Rodeo Airdrie sponsors, your generosity has helped us do the best job that we could, and allowed us to represent this community to the best of our ability. I’d like to thank my family and friends for being so supportive of me, I could not have done it with out each and every one of you! Thank-you to all my fellow royalty I have gotten to know over this past year. You are all beautiful and determined women that I am so privileged to have gotten to know. I would like send a huge to thank the Airdrie Rodeo Royalty Committee. Without you we would not have had such a successful year. Leanne Grenier, you have been such a great mentor and friend along this journey and I want to thank you for doing all that you have done for us! I would also like to thank Lorie Young, and Barb Garnham for also contributing their time. I would like to thank the city of Airdrie, you have all been such a great community to be involved with, and I feel so honored to have had this opportunity to represent you. Thank you for being so accommodating and welcoming me into your community. I would like to thank the Airdrie Rodeo Ranch Association and committee for being so great to work with, you have all been like a family to me and I hope to continue to be involved with this great association. I will also do my best to represent you at the Miss Rodeo Canada Pageant in November.
 Rebecca McKay, where would I be, and what would I have done without you? You have been such an amazing person to share this experience with, and I can’t imagine it with anyone else. You have been on board to work as a team from the beginning. It’s been a blast, I will cherish your friendship and the memories we have shared. I would like to thank my horse Flash. You are the most amazing horse a Queen could ask for. You have always been so reliable, and so much fun to ride! You have shared this experience with me also, and you have done such an outstanding job at representing Airdrie as well. I am so grateful for everyone who made this year possible! I would like to dedicate this message in memory of my Mother J.C. Shields. Thank you for sending me in the right direction.

God Bless
Miss Rodeo Airdrie 2011
Gillian Shields

No comments:

Post a Comment