Thursday, April 11, 2013

March 31st to April 6 th


On March 31st Nicole and I headed down to Bass Pro to help out with their annual Easter activities. The store was packed with eager kids and their families ready to participate in the Easter egg hunt and get their pictures taken with the Easter bunny. We got to run the picture booth for a few hours and we were busy the whole time, the line for the photo booth went half way around the store! It was great to see the kids so excited about Easter and like always we had a lot of fun.

Thanks for having us!

On Friday April 5th I got to go to an event a little closer to home, at the Edmonton Expo Centre. The Canadian National College Finals Rodeo ran from Thursday to Saturday and featured some of the best competitors and stock. The rodeo hosted different royalty every night. Thursday night was Miss Rodeo Canada, Friday was me, and Saturday was the High School Rodeo Queen and Princess. It was nice to be at a rodeo for a change, a sure sign that spring is here! Our Airdrie Rodeo Queen, Nicole Briggs, (who is also the president of the CIRA) was competing at the finals in goat tying and team roping. She supplied me with a wonderful horse, Hoolio. I had the honour of carrying the Canadian flag as well as the school flag of each of the go round winners, which kept me busy pretty much all night. I like to watch the college rodeos because you get to see the upcoming talent and the future of Pro Rodeo. Those kids gave it their all and put on an awesome performance! Another highlight of the rodeo was the Young Gunz trick riding team, 10 year olds Cooper and Avery, and 7 year old Cora. They put on a very impressive performance and I look forward to seeing them at rodeos throughout the year.

Thank you to the CIRA for having me!

On Saturday April 6th it was back down to Airdrie for a Miss Rodeo Canada fundraiser. The Roper Stetson warehouse hosted a sale open to the public and the proceeds went towards the Miss Rodeo Canada program. This turned out to be very successful bringing in between 80 to 150 people, and hopefully it becomes an annual event.  I got to see Gillian for the first time in about two months and heard about the amazing time she has had as Miss Rodeo Canada so far. I also got to see my fantastic rodeo committee, Miss Rodeo Okotoks, Miss Rodeo Sundre, and Miss Rodeo Hanna. It was great to see everyone there in support of Gillian and her committee.

I felt very privileged to be invited to this event and hope to return again next year. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment