Tuesday, April 30, 2013


The weekend I spent at the Airdrie Home and Lifestyle show was one of the best I have had this past year. The shopping and entertainment was unreal! Jewellery, clothing, food, arts and crafts, dancing, fashion shows, dog shows… everything you could possibly imagine was packed into Genesis Place for 2 whole days.

My home base was the Airdrie Ag Booth, and I had such a good time with Brenda and everyone else that volunteered their time to be there. I was sad not to be able to make it out to the seeding demonstration they had on Saturday afternoon, but glad that it was a successful event for them.  

Brenda Moon and Airdrie Pro Rodeo Princess


Another booth that I spent a lot of time at was Park Lane Jewellery, new sponsors of the Airdrie Rodeo Royalty and new to Canada! Park Lane has only been available in Canada for a few weeks now. They gave me a beautiful, matching set of pearls. I was so happy I could have cried, and then contemplated sleeping in them that night because I didn’t want to take them off. We are so appreciative of their support and look forward to working with them in the future.

Damien from Mark’s also took very good care of me this weekend. He gave me the opportunity to be in what turned out to be a very successful and popular fashion show. I sported the latest and greatest trends from Mark’s, Cream Body and Bath, and Pharmasave (The Store Upstairs). Instead of using professional models, the models he chose for this show were everyday Airdrie citizens, and what a fantastic idea. Everyone had tons of fun and I think this is an event that people will be talking about for quite a while.

Mark's Clothing

For the remainder of the time I was honored to do a quick little interview for Air 106, signed ALL of the autographs I had with me (which was fantastic!), and of course did a little shopping. Unfortunately Miss Rodeo Airdrie, Nicole Briggs, was fighting with appendicitis this past weekend, so we wish her all the best.

Last but not least I would like to mention my ‘foster family’ for the weekend. The Brietzke family took me in and treated me like ‘royalty’. I can’t thank them enough; having a place to stay and relax during a busy weekend really makes the difference.

Thanks to everyone for their help and support this weekend!

See you down the trail,

Sam Bilsborrow
Airdrie Pro Rodeo Princess 2012

Rebecca Mckay, Airdrie Pro Rodeo Princess, Miss Rodeo Canada, Damien and Miss Teen Airdrie

No comments:

Post a Comment